|Back to Back Issues Page|
Free May Quilting Pattern
May 02, 2014
“Inspiration to Bring Your Creations to Life”
May 2, 2014
Quilting Memories, Issue #011 -- May Quilting Pattern
Quilting Memories brings you the latest information about quilting. We are a place for beginners to learn and experts to get new ideas.
If you like this e-zine, please do a friend and me a big favor and "pay it forward". If a friend did forward this to you and if you like what you read, please subscribe by visiting QuiltingSupport.com.
Welcome to our May 2014 quilting newsletter issue. It’s sure to inspire you towards your next quilting inspiration.
In this installment you will find:
The winner of the monthly contest for April 2014.
See the new quilting designs that are up for grabs for the monthly contest of May.
Our new store!
This month’s free quilting pattern just for e-zine subscribers.
The other free patterns that were posted in April.
Additional new pages and patterns.
Best Quilting Moments Contest Winner for March 2014Is…
By Lynn Wiltzius from Chehalis, Washington.
For her wonderful story of “My First Quilt”.
We loved how you proved that just because you’re starting the quilting journey, that an excellent quilt can still be made.
It’s fantastic that you still have the drive and desire to complete this work of art, even though there were several moves and life changes involved.
Thank you for sharing this with us because your work is truly inspiring!
We all look forward to reading more stories and seeing more quilts from you.
To read her winning story please visit
Who will win May's free designs?
Here is what the free quilting design for just entering looks like:
Visit our contest page to see the video of the designs that can be won for May 2014!
Quilt ShopDon’t forget that we finally opened our new quilting store on our own site.
Now you can purchase your quilting patterns without ever having to leave our site.
Everything is available from applique patterns to whole quilt patterns.
Have you been keeping your eyes open for the new quilting e-book to be available?
Our Quilting for Beginner’s book is now ready for consumption. You can find it here!
More will be added too!
Take a look around our Shop and see if there is anything you like.
Nothing strikes your fancy?
Please be sure to give us new ideas of inspiration by email and we’ll see what we can accomplish.
We love suggestions!
E-zine Free Quilting Pattern Before Any One Else“Daughter's Sunflower”
April showers bring May flowers!
This is a simple applique quilting pattern that brings in the spring time sunshine.
Here are the steps to complete it:
Save the image and adjust the size if needed. This typically makes an 6x6” block when the applique is done on its own.
• Trace the design onto lite fusible adhesive. Preferably, Heat n Bond ultra-hold. (Lite hold may be used if the applique will be stitched down.)
• Cut the pieces around the lines. Leave the inner designs to be cut away later!
• Select which fabrics will be the pieces of the applique and which will be the background.
• Iron press fusible onto the back of desired fabric.
• Now cut fabric on the line of the design that was traced (as well as the inner design) so none of the ink shows on the interfacing paper.
• Find ideal placement for the applique pieces on the background fabric.
• Peel off the paper from the fusible and iron press applique into place. • When all the pieces are pressed in the correct places, sew them into place with a tight zigzag stitch (aka. Satin stitch) around the edges of the applique pieces if lite hold was used. If ultra-hold was the fusible, then leave the design as a raw edged applique.
Now your quilting block is complete and it can be used any way you see fit.
April’s Free Pattern PagesFree Foundation Quilting Patterns: Try your newly founded skills with this broken heart pattern.
Free Foundation Block Pattern: This diamond square pattern is basic, but perfect for a beginner to learn the paper piecing technique.
To find these pages just visit QuiltingSupport.com and use our search feature.
Additional New PagesQuilting Shop: Find out what we have to offer.
• Quilting For Beginners Ebook
• Special Heart Applique Patterns page 2
• Celtic Applique Patterns page 5
• Celtic Applique Patterns page 6
• Celtic Block Patterns page 7
• Celtic Applique Patterns page 8
• Flower Applique Patterns page 5
• Flower Applique Patterns page 6
• Foundation Quilting Block Patterns page 1
If you would like to find these pages quickly, use the site search option.
Book reviewWe decided this month to do a book review on our eBook Quilting For Beginners: One Way to Start.
We know that we’re a little bias, but take a look at all of the information that is covered.
Learn: • The basics of quilting
• How to piece by hand and sewing machine
• How to start quilting today without even using a machine
• And much much more!
Plus there are 10 special bonus applique patterns included for free!
As an extra bonus for e-zine subscribers, we’ve listed this item at a limited time low price of only $15.74.
Go to Quilting for beginners to find out more about it and get your copy today!
We hope you enjoy learning and growing with all of the information jam packed into the Quilting For Beginners ebook.
Wrap UpWe hoped you enjoyed this month’s issue of our quilting newsletter.
Comments? Ideas? Feedback? We'd love to hear from you. Just reply to this e-zine and tell us what you think!
Until next month.
|Back to Back Issues Page|