|Back to Back Issues Page|
Free July Quilting Patterns
July 02, 2014
“Inspiration to Bring Your Creations to Life”
July 2, 2014
Quilting Memories, Issue #013 -- July Quilting Patterns
Quilting Memories brings you the latest information about quilting. We are a place for beginners to learn and experts to get new ideas.
If you like this e-zine, please do a friend and me a big favor and "pay it forward". If a friend did forward this to you and if you like what you read, please subscribe by visiting QuiltingSupport.com.
Welcome to our July 2014 quilting newsletter issue. It’s sure to inspire you towards your next quilting inspiration.
In this installment you will find:
The winner of the monthly contest for June 2014.
See the new quilting designs that are up for grabs for the monthly contest of July.
This month’s free quilting pattern just for e-zine subscribers.
The other free patterns that were posted in June.
Additional new pages.
Additional LIMITED TIME Free Pattern!
Best Quilting Moments Contest Winner for June 2014Is…
There were no submissions for the month of June.
Was this because we went away on vacation? Did everyone get a chance to get away?
You won’t want to miss out on a chance to win July’s patterns. The applique patterns that are up for grabs are totally awesome.
Can you tell that we’re really proud of them?
We feel that these patterns are some of our best yet!
Take a look at them to see if you feel the same way.
Remember that this is a monthly contest. You can enter as many stories as you like every month.
Who will win July's free designs?
Here is what the free quilting design for just entering looks like:
Visit our contest page to see the video of the designs that can be won for July 2014!
Quilt ShopDon’t forget that we finally opened our new quilting store on our own site.
Now you can purchase your quilting patterns without ever having to leave our site.
Everything is available from applique patterns to whole quilt patterns.
More will be added too!
Take a look around our Shop and see if there is anything you like.
Nothing strikes your fancy?
Please be sure to give us new ideas of inspiration by email and we’ll see what we can accomplish.
We love suggestions!
E-zine Free Quilting Pattern Before Any One Else“Tribal Sun”
Let the light shine down!
This is a simple applique quilting pattern that brings in the spring time sunshine.
Here are the steps to complete it:
Save the image and adjust the size if needed. This typically makes an 6x6” block when the applique is done on its own.
• Trace the design onto lite fusible adhesive. Preferably, Heat n Bond ultra-hold. (Lite hold may be used if the applique will be stitched down.)
• Cut the pieces around the lines. Leave the inner designs to be cut away later!
• Select which fabrics will be the pieces of the applique and which will be the background.
• Iron press fusible onto the back of desired fabric.
• Now cut fabric on the line of the design that was traced (as well as the inner design) so none of the ink shows on the interfacing paper.
• Find ideal placement for the applique pieces on the background fabric.
• Peel off the paper from the fusible and iron press applique into place.
• When all the pieces are pressed in the correct places, sew them into place with a tight zigzag stitch (aka. Satin stitch) around the edges of the applique pieces if lite hold was used. If ultra-hold was the fusible, then leave the design as a raw edged applique.
Now your quilting block is complete and it can be used any way you see fit.
June’s Free Pattern PagesQuilting Scraps: Use this pattern to make your scrap fabric work for you!
Free Dragonfly Applique Pattern 2: This cute free pattern will light up anyone’s quilt.
Free Quilting Patterns: This marvelous table runner pattern is incredible. The pattern can be used as a block to make any size quilt or the suggested table runner.
To find these pages just visit QuiltingSupport.com and use our search feature.
Additional New PagesQuilting Shop: Find out what we have to offer.
• Kaleidoscope Foundation Patterns page 5
• Butterfly Applique Patterns page 3
If you would like to find these pages quickly, use the site search option.
LIMITED TIME Free Pattern
As an extra "thank you" for all of our loyal subscribers, here is an additional free applique pattern!
Get your limited time free copy of this pattern here in our Craftsy's store.
Wrap UpWe hoped you enjoyed this month’s issue of our quilting newsletter.
Comments? Ideas? Feedback? We'd love to hear from you. Just reply to this e-zine and tell us what you think!
Until next month.
|Back to Back Issues Page|