|Back to Back Issues Page|
Free Easter Quilting Pattern
April 02, 2014
“Inspiration to Bring Your Creations to Life”
April 2, 2014
Quilting Memories, Issue #010 -- Easter Quilting Pattern
Quilting Memories brings you the latest information about quilting. We are a place for beginners to learn and experts to get new ideas.
If you like this e-zine, please do a friend and me a big favor and "pay it forward". If a friend did forward this to you and if you like what you read, please subscribe by visiting QuiltingSupport.com.
Welcome to our April 2014 Easter quilting newsletter issue. It’s sure to inspire you towards your next quilting project sensation.
In this installment you will find:
The winner of the monthly contest for March 2014.
See the new quilting designs that are up for grabs for the monthly contest of April.
Our new store!
This month’s free quilting pattern just for e-zine subscribers.
The other free patterns that were posted in March.
Additional new pages and patterns.
Best Quilting Moments Contest Winner for March 2014Is…
By Shasta Motova from Columbus, Ohio
For her story of a “Story Maze.
It was a really hard choice of choosing a winner this month. This story won because of the versatility in this one of a kind quilt.
We loved how you made this quilt with one idea in mind and later found out that the design had a maze/track in it as well.
Thank you for sharing this with us.
We all look forward to reading more stories and seeing more quilts from you.
To read her winning story please visit
Who will win April's free designs?
Here is what the free quilting design for just entering looks like:
Click on the picture or visit our contest page and see a video of the designs that can be won for April 2014!
Quilt ShopWe finially opened our new quilting store on our own site.
Now you can purchase your quilting patterns without ever having to leave our site.
Everything is available from applique patterns to whole quilt patterns.
Keep your eyes open, because soon we’ll have some quilting e-books available too.
Our Quilting for Beginner’s book is almost ready for consumption and will be posted A.S.A.P.!
More will be added too!
Take a look around our
Please be sure to give us new ideas of inspiration by email and we’ll see what we can accomplish.
We love suggestions!
E-zine Free Quilting Pattern Before Any One Else“Easter Egg”
Just in time for Easter!
This is a simple applique quilting pattern. It makes a wonderful addition to any quilt, especially if you want to feel lucky.
Here are the steps to complete it:
Save the image and adjust the size if needed. This typically makes an 6x6” block when the applique is done on its own.
• Trace the design onto lite fusible adhesive. Preferably, Heat n Bond ultra-hold. (Lite hold may be used if the applique will be stitched down.)
• Cut the pieces around the lines. Leave the inner designs to be cut away later!
• Select which fabrics will be the pieces of the applique and which will be the background.
• Iron press fusible onto the back of desired fabric.
• Now cut fabric on the line of the design that was traced (as well as the inner design) so none of the ink shows on the interfacing paper.
• Find ideal placement for the applique pieces on the background fabric.
• Peel off the paper from the fusible and iron press applique into place. • When all the pieces are pressed in the correct places, sew them into place with a tight zigzag stitch (aka. Satin stitch) around the edges of the applique pieces if lite hold was used. If ultra-hold was the fusible, then leave the design as a raw edged applique.
Now your quilting block is complete and it can be used any way you see fit.
March’s Free Pattern PagesNovelty Quilting Fabric: Get this crib size quilting pattern for free and find out how to show off special fabrics.
To find this page just visit QuiltingSupport.com and use our search feature.
Additional New PagesOnline Quilting Classes: Find out where you can learn more and which class is our favorite.
Quilting Shop: Find out what we have to offer.
• Best Selling Applique Patterns: Our bestselling designs.
• Dragon Applique Patterns page 1: For a medieval motif.
• Tiger Applique Patterns page 2: To add a touch of exotic.
• Rose Applique Patterns page 1: These 4 pages of flowers are perfect for a floral motif quilt. They are also some of the most beautiful and unique appliques you will ever find.
• Rose Applique Patterns page 2
• Flower Applique Patterns page 3
• Flower Applique Patterns page 4
• Heart Applique Patterns page 1: Show you love with something special.
If you would like to find these pages quickly, use the site search option.
Wrap UpWe hoped you enjoyed this month’s issue of our quilting newsletter.
Comments? Ideas? Feedback? We'd love to hear from you. Just reply to this e-zine and tell us what you think!
Until next month.
|Back to Back Issues Page|