|Back to Back Issues Page|
Free Celtic Pattern Inside
December 02, 2014
“Inspiration to Bring Your Creations to Life”
December 2, 2014
Quilting Memories, Issue #018 -- December Quilting 2014
Quilting Memories brings you the latest information about quilting. We are a place for beginners to learn and experts to get new ideas.
If you like this e-zine, please do a friend and me a big favor and "pay it forward". If a friend did forward this to you and if you like what you read, please subscribe by visiting QuiltingSupport.com.
Welcome to our December 2014 quilting newsletter issue.
We wish you a wonderful holiday season and hope to inspire you towards your next quilting inspiration!
In this installment you will find:
The winner of the monthly contest for November 2014.
See the new quilting designs that are up for grabs for the monthly contest of December.
Our store and Thank You Discounts!
This month’s free quilting pattern just for e-zine subscribers.
The other free patterns that were posted in November.
Additional new pages and patterns.
Best Quilting Moments Contest Winner for November 2014Is…
Lori of Bozeman, Montana.
Even though this memory is about a small quilt, it had a big impact on everyone who read about it.
Thank you for sharing this experience with us! We look forward to seeing more of your wonderful projects!
Be on the lookout for your winnings (patterns) in your email.To read this winning story please visit
Remember that this is a monthly contest. You can enter as many stories as you like every month.
Who will be the winner for December?
Submit your story and see if you'll be a winner too!
Here is what the free quilting design for just entering looks like:
Visit our contest page to see the video of the designs that can be won for December 2014!
Quilt ShopRemember that we opened our new quilting store on QuiltingSupport.com?
Now you can purchase your quilting patterns without ever having to leave our site.
Everything is available from applique patterns to whole quilt patterns. Plus we're adding more designs all the time.
As a special thank you, save even more before the end of December by using this coupon code to save 10% on your total purchase of $50 or more.
This means you'll save even more on our already low prices!
A checkout just use the coupon code: TENPERCENT
Take a look around our Shop and see if there is anything you like.
Nothing strikes your fancy?
Please be sure to give us new ideas of inspiration by email and we’ll see what we can accomplish.
We love suggestions!
E-zine Free Quilting Pattern Before Any One Else
“Celtic Holiday Star”
This is a simple applique quilting pattern shows our pride!
Here are the steps to complete it:
Save the image and adjust the size if needed. This typically makes an 8x8” block when the applique is done on its own.
• Trace the design onto lite fusible adhesive. Preferably, Heat n Bond ultra-hold. (Lite hold may be used if the applique will be stitched down.)
• Cut the pieces around the lines. Leave the inner designs to be cut away later!
• Select which fabrics will be the pieces of the applique and which will be the background.
• Iron press fusible onto the back of desired fabric.
• Now cut fabric on the line of the design that was traced (as well as the inner design) so none of the ink shows on the interfacing paper.
• Find ideal placement for the applique pieces on the background fabric.
• Peel off the paper from the fusible and iron press applique into place.
• When all the pieces are pressed in the correct places, sew them into place with a tight zigzag stitch (aka. Satin stitch) around the edges of the applique pieces if lite hold was used. If ultra-hold was the fusible, then leave the design as a raw edged applique.
Now your quilting block is complete and it can be used any way you see fit.
November’s Free Pattern PagesScrap Quilting Pattern: Perfect for using all those leftover pieces of fabric.
Free Diagonal Stripes Pattern: It’s all going slant-ways.
Free Poinsettia Line Pattern: Just in time for the winter holiday projects. Let your stitches flow!
Free Lotus Applique Pattern: This quick and easy applique is our “Thank You!” to YOU!
To find these pages just visit QuiltingSupport.com and use our search feature.
Additional New PagesQuilting Shop: Find out what we have to offer.
• Letter Patterns (M-P) • Letter Patterns (Q-T) • Letter Patterns (U-X) • Letter Patterns (Y and Z)
If you would like to find these pages quickly, use the site search option.
Wrap UpWe hoped you enjoyed this month’s issue of our quilting newsletter.
Comments? Ideas? Feedback? We'd love to hear from you. Just reply to this e-zine and tell us what you think!
Until next month.
|Back to Back Issues Page|