|Back to Back Issues Page|
Free Valentine Quilting Pattern
February 02, 2014
“Inspiration to Bring Your Creations to Life”
February 2, 2014
Quilting Memories, Issue #008 -- Valentine Quilting Pattern
Quilting Memories brings you the latest information about quilting. We are a place for beginners to learn and experts to get new ideas.
If you like this e-zine, please do a friend and me a big favor and "pay it forward". If a friend did forward this to you and if you like what you read, please subscribe by visiting QuiltingSupport.com.
Welcome to our February 2014 quilting newsletter issue. It’s sure to inspire you towards your next quilting project sensation.
In this installment you will find:
The winner of the monthly contest for January 2014.
See the new quilting designs that are up for grabs for the monthly contest of February.
What’s in the store for new quilting patterns.
This month’s free quilting pattern just for e-zine subscribers.
The other free patterns that were posted in January.
Additional new pages.
Best Quilting Moments Contest Winner for January 2014Is…
Annie from Cleveland, OH
For her very functional “Train Quilt for Baby”.
Thank you for sharing this with us Annie. We love how you made this so functional and portable. What a perfect gift for a little one. Every new parent so have one!
Be on the look out for your free patterns in your inbox. ;)
We all look forward to reading more stories and seeing more quilts from you.
To read her winning story please visit
Who will win February's free designs?
Here is what the free quilting design for just entering looks like:
Click on the picture or visit our contest page and see a video of the designs that can be won for February 2014!
New Store for Quilting PatternsRecently, our new store opened on Craftsy.
We’ve been adding new patterns like crazy.
You can get free patterns in PDF format and past designs that were only available to those that entered the monthly contest and winners are now presented for purchase.
Other fresh and incredible designs are obtainable instantly.
Take a look around our store and see if there is anything you like. Nothing strikes your fancy?
Please be sure to give us new ideas of inspiration by email and we’ll see what can be accomplished. We love suggestions! Follow us on Craftsy, to be notified when something new is created.
E-zine Free Quilting Pattern Before Any One Else“Wicked Heart Applique”
Just in time for Valentine's day!
This is a simple applique quilting pattern. It makes a wonderful addition to any quilt.
Here are the steps to complete it:
Save the image and adjust the size if needed. This typically makes a 6x6 or 8x8 inch block when the applique is done on its own.
• Trace the design onto lite fusible adhesive. Preferably, Heat n Bond ultra-hold. (Lite hold may be used if the applique will be stitched down.)
• Cut the pieces around the lines.
• Select which fabrics will be the pieces applique and which will be the background.
• Iron press fusible onto the back of desired fabric.
• Now cut fabric on the line of the design that was traced so none of the ink shows on the interfacing paper.
• Find ideal placement for the applique pieces on the background fabric.
• Peel off the paper from the fusible and iron press applique into place.
• When all the pieces are pressed in the correct places, sew them into place with a tight zigzag stitch (aka. Satin stitch) around the edges of the applique pieces if lite hold was used. If ultra-hold was the fusible, then leave the design as a raw edged applique.
Now your quilting block is complete and it can be used any way you see fit.
January’s Free Pattern PagesDragon Line Quilting Pattern: This pattern is perfect for using the free motion technique.
Unicorn Line Quilting Pattern: Keep the medieval motif going.
To find any of these pages just visit QuiltingSupport.com and use our search feature.
Additional New PagesSouthwestern Style Quilt: Find out the history of quilting in this region.
Quilting Tables: A great necessity. Make, improvise, or buy?
Quilting Books: Find out what are our top picks and why.
Free Ebooks and Master Courses: We give you the tools so you can succeed!
• Service Seller’s Master Course: Find out how you too can make your sells skyrocket with an online presence.
• Make Your Content PreSell: This will guide your through the right way to write for your website.
Be sure to check out the quilting forum to see what other people have posted because we haven't added those pages to the list. Perhaps you too can join in with your own story or post.
If you would like to find these pages quickly, use the site search option.
Make Money From Home Limited Time OfferWant to make money by working from home?
Learn how you can do what we do here.
Wrap UpWe hoped you enjoyed this month’s issue of our quilting newsletter.
Comments? Ideas? Feedback? We'd love to hear from you. Just reply to this e-zine and tell us what you think!
Until next month.
|Back to Back Issues Page|