|Back to Back Issues Page|
Free Quilting in August Pattern
August 02, 2014
“Inspiration to Bring Your Creations to Life”
August 2, 2014
Quilting Memories, Issue #014 -- Quilting In August
Quilting Memories brings you the latest information about quilting. We are a place for beginners to learn and experts to get new ideas.
If you like this e-zine, please do a friend and me a big favor and "pay it forward". If a friend did forward this to you and if you like what you read, please subscribe by visiting QuiltingSupport.com.
Welcome to our August 2014 quilting newsletter issue. It’s sure to inspire you towards your next quilting inspiration.
In this installment you will find:
The winner of the monthly contest for July 2014.
See the new quilting designs that are up for grabs for the monthly contest of August.
This month’s free quilting pattern just for e-zine subscribers.
The other free patterns that were posted in July.
Additional new pages and patterns.
Bonus LIMITED TIME Free Pattern!
Best Quilting Moments Contest Winner for July 2014Is…
Cindy Beckett of Maryland
For her wonderful story of a UFO, Amanda’s Quilt!
You have been an inspiration to all of us quilters. This story made us here at QuiltingSupport want to get ahead on some projects for the holidays.
Keep it up!
You're very talented and we look forward to seeing more of your work!
Be on the lookout for your winnings (patterns) in your email.
To read this winning story please visit
Who will be the winner for August?
Submit your story and see if you’ll be a winner too!
Here is what the free quilting design for just entering looks like:
Visit our contest page to see the video of the designs that can be won for August 2014!
Quilt ShopDon’t forget that we finally opened our new quilting store on our own site.
Now you can purchase your quilting patterns without ever having to leave our site.
Everything is available from applique patterns to whole quilt patterns.
More will be added too!
Take a look around our Shop and see if there is anything you like.
Nothing strikes your fancy?
Please be sure to give us new ideas of inspiration by email and we’ll see what we can accomplish.
We love suggestions!
E-zine Free Quilting Pattern Before Any One Else“Majestic Eagle”
Let your spirit soar.
This is a simple applique quilting pattern shows our pride!
Here are the steps to complete it:
Save the image and adjust the size if needed. This typically makes an 6x6” block when the applique is done on its own.
• Trace the design onto lite fusible adhesive. Preferably, Heat n Bond ultra-hold. (Lite hold may be used if the applique will be stitched down.)
• Cut the pieces around the lines. Leave the inner designs to be cut away later!
• Select which fabrics will be the pieces of the applique and which will be the background.
• Iron press fusible onto the back of desired fabric.
• Now cut fabric on the line of the design that was traced (as well as the inner design) so none of the ink shows on the interfacing paper.
• Find ideal placement for the applique pieces on the background fabric.
• Peel off the paper from the fusible and iron press applique into place.
• When all the pieces are pressed in the correct places, sew them into place with a tight zigzag stitch (aka. Satin stitch) around the edges of the applique pieces if lite hold was used. If ultra-hold was the fusible, then leave the design as a raw edged applique.
Now your quilting block is complete and it can be used any way you see fit.
July’s Free Pattern PagesFree Paw Prints Pattern: Cute and cuddly. This is a perfect pattern for a pet lover’s quilt.
Free Kaleidoscope Quilting Pattern: WARNING: This stuff is addictive!
Free Scrap Quilting Pattern: What do you do with your leftover fabric? Make something truly unique by using this pattern.
Wolf Line Quilting Pattern: Make a howl with your stitches.
Free Round Table Quilting Pattern: Make curved piecing a breeze with this paper foundation pattern.
To find these pages just visit QuiltingSupport.com and use our search feature.
Additional New PagesQuilting Shop: Find out what we have to offer.
• Celtic Applique Patterns page 10
• Butterfly Applique Patterns page 4
• Celtic Foundation Quilting Patterns page 6
• Foundation Quilt Patterns page 1 (Quilt patterns for beds of every size.)
If you would like to find these pages quickly, use the site search option.
LIMITED TIME Free Pattern
As an extra "thank you" for all of our loyal subscribers, here is an additional free applique pattern!
Get your limited time free copy of this pattern here for the witch in our Craftsy's store.
Wrap UpWe hoped you enjoyed this month’s issue of our quilting newsletter.
Comments? Ideas? Feedback? We'd love to hear from you. Just reply to this e-zine and tell us what you think!
Until next month.
|Back to Back Issues Page|